I've been missing New York lately. I think it's time to start planning a trip with Lenny. I might be planning it for a couple of years, but that's half the fun, isn't it?
Saturday, August 09, 2014
“Ageing is not ‘lost youth’, but a new stage of opportunity and strength. It’s a different stage of life, and if you are going to pretend it’s youth, you are going to miss it. You are going to miss the surprises, the possibilities, and the evolution that we are just beginning to know about because there are no role models, no guideposts, and no signs.” ~Betty Friedan
Posted by Tracey Nolan Labels: i'm feeling this
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
What you'll need:
1 small Watermelon or 1/2 a larger Watermelon
4 slices of Bacon
Course Sea Salt
Fresh Cracked Pepper
1. Snip the 4 slices of Bacon into bite-sized pieces into a skillet or frying pan.
2. While the Bacon is crisping up, slice the Watermelon thinly and arrange on a platter or large plate.
3. Drain the Bacon well.
4. Drizzle the Watermelon with Olive Oil and season with Course Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper.
5. Sprinkle Bacon on top of the Watermelon.
6. Garnish with ribbons of Green Onion (the green part).
This works nicely as a light appetizer before a BBQ with cocktails (think Gin and Tonic or Sangria). I love the sweet and salty combo of the Watermelon and Bacon! If you want to be more refined about things and really impress your guests, check out Martha Stewarts recipe for Watermelon Carpaccio, which was my inspiration for this little salad. Let me know if you try this one out!
Posted by Tracey Nolan Labels: recipes