Fashion Friday: Sweatshirt Chic Edition

11.10.13


A trend I'm really enjoying this Fall is the dressed up sweatshirt.  I may be trying to wean myself off of my addiction to yoga pants but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a nice jersey knit on top!  It feels a little fresher and more urban than donning a bulky fisherman's knit without feeling any less appropriate for the season.  It's still Fall, but in this outfit I can get stuff done.


The grey crew neck sweatshirt is from Old Navy.  They have sizes up to XXL in the stores in Canada which is great for plus size shoppers.  They have some really cute embellished sweatshirts that I'm eyeing for holiday parties.  There's a sentence I never thought I'd say.  Seriously though, I think they're very tasteful and chic!

The black skinny jeans are Bianca Nygard for the Bay.

The boots are my trusty Payless ones that defy everything we know to be true about shoes.  I love them.  It will be a sad day when the finally give up the ghost.

The bag is the BSACW grey day satchel by Steve Madden.  I'm obsessed with this bag because it's big enough to hold all my stuff but it still feels like a nice purse and not a small piece of luggage.

The bracelets are from Joe Fresh.  I'm enjoying wearing them now because it's only a matter of time before Lenny steals them and hides them in her room.

The sun glasses and plaid shawl are both H&M from 2012.  I love the shawl because it's got the classic element of plaid with the cheeky colour combo of burgundy and neon pink.  It puts a smile on my face.  I'm also reminded of the fact that a 5 year old friend of mine was so puzzled by it last Winter that she asked why I was wearing a blanket around my neck.

Ah, fashion.  You are so subjective.

--

Some fashion related eye candy online:

Melissa McCarthy in Marina Rinaldi on the cover of Elle.

I am fully coveting these Nike Paris high tops.

Experiencing the fashion photography of Lillian Bassman is like slipping into a mid-century dreamland.

If there's anything that you'd like to see featured in this space on Fashion Friday, let me know!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |