Recipe: Annette's Step Into Spring Dip
This weekend Annette and I had a playdate with her girls and my girl and an amazing thing happened...they played alone...in a different room. That magical moment has arrived. That moment where we're the moms who sit at the kitchen table and catch up over a cup of coffee while the kids do their thing. Or in our case, first a cup of coffee and then this amazing creation, which I would have happily spooned into my mouth...don't worry, we opted for Multigrain Tortilla Chips instead.
What you'll need:
2 Zucchinis, diced
1/4 cup of onion, diced
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup of marinated artichokes
1/4 cup of pancetta or bacon, diced
2 tablespoons of cream cheese
3 tablespoons of mayo
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
1/2 cup of gruyère cheese, grated
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
salt + pepper to taste
1. Sauté the zucchini, onion, garlic, artichokes and pancetta in the olive oil over medium heat until soft.
2. Season while cooking with the salt, pepper and paprika.
3. Once the ingredients are all soft and translucent, remove from heat and let cool.
4. Combine the cooled ingredients with cheese, mayo and dijon and blend in the food processor.
5. Correct seasoning, and enjoy!
This dip walks that line between decadent and fresh so brilliantly. I think it would go beautifully with a platter of fondue type items (I'm thinking crusty bread, little pickles, that sort of thing) and a bottle of Pinot Grigio. Bonus? It's a great way to use all that Springtime zucchini! This is no surprise, my BFF has been a "master of dippage" since our junior high school days. Let me know if you and your besties try this one out!