Fashion Friday: Dressing Room Shelf Styling Edition

18.4.14


Back in the Fall I finally put the finishing touches on my home office.  Or so I thought.  The reality, of course, is that styling a space is exactly like styling an outfit.  It's never really done.  One more bracelet?  One less bracelet?  Should you wear the hat?  How many books can you cram on that shelf?  And when you find an outfit or a room you love...you just want to live in it.

After six months I still adore my office space.  It's cozy and fresh and very girly.  It also doubles as a dressing room of sorts, housing my dresser, a coat rack where I hang some of my favourite pieces and a utilitarian Ikea bookshelf that I stacked with baskets loaded with costume jewellery that I never, ever wore.  I've finally figured out that I'm a visual learner (wish I had this knowledge twenty years ago) and that means that "out of sight, out of mind" carries over to jewellery as well as calendars and to do lists.

That meant it was time to finally style my shelf properly and put all of my baubles and beads on display.



The letter T is from Anthropologie and the Elk (is it an Elk?) and the Elephant are from Anthro's bratty little sister Urban Outfitters.  The bracelet and necklace displays are from Solutions and are exactly what I wanted.  Affordable, clean and not shaped like an oak tree.


I love having the opportunity to display some of my favourite fashion-related books in a setting that makes sense and I am thrilled to have my nail polish out where I can see it (you know, that whole visual learner thing).


I think the graphic Ali poster is great there among all the shine.  The contrast feels right to me and besides, he could totally rock some bling.  

The tray is a vintage find and adds just the right amount of sparkle.


I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty thrilled with the way it turned out.  Being a freelancer means I spend a lot of time in my home office and I love being surrounded by all this pretty stuff.  Who knows?  I might even wear some of it more often now!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |