If we can make it through February...

13.2.15



It is never easy, is it?  Every year it feels like more and more of a struggle.  The days are so short.  The weather so cruel. And now after what feels like an eternity, we're half way through.

We're only half way through.

Seems like a good time to take stock of what's worked the past two weeks and what I want to do more of over the next two weeks.

I can't believe there are two more weeks of this.

OK.

1.  Light Therapy for SAD.  I cannot stress this enough.  I have one of these little jobbies on my desk and it helps me in ways I never expected.  This thing helps me stay alert and really improves my mood.  I wasn't sure it would work when I bought it, but now I don't know what I'd do without it.

2.  Forcing myself to go out and do stuff.  Last Saturday I played in a Charity Bubble Soccer Tournament (I know!), went to the Basquiat opening at the Art Gallery of Ontario and then to the Dance Cave for my friend Sarah's birthday.  That's more than I do some weeks, never mind on one day in February.  The thing is, when the good stuff happens, I try to make myself do it.  It was a good day.



3.  Know when to say no.  Sometimes, no matter how much good stuff is happening out there your body just puts on the breaks.  It's cold and flu season and if you're like me, the SAD rears it's ugly head and compounds any other stuff you might be dealing with (PMDD in my case).  Sometimes you just gotta cocoon.



4.  Binge watch.  February is what Netflix was made for.  When I'm feeling the way I inevitably do in February I love to lose myself in other people's stories.  This year I'm finally watching Friday Night Lights.  I've been meaning to watch this show since it was first on the air something like eight years ago.  So now, I have this false feeling of accomplishment from binge watching a TV show.  It's SO good too.  Just solid storytelling and I mean, Kyle Chandler, amiright?


5.  Treat Yo Self.  Flowers and chocolate, you guys.  Tulips.  Milk Chocolate.  Save that 70% dark stuff for when you're feeling better.  And then, heaven help me, a Diet Coke chaser.  So good.  So wrong, but so good.



And that's all I've got.  I think it's time to grab a Diet Coke, burrito myself up in a blanket and head over to Dillon Texas.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |